For the second straight year, the Washington International Horse Show, one of North America’s most prestigious, competitive equestrian shows will be hosted by Prince George’s, Maryland. The week long competition is October 23 to October 29, 2023 and takes place at the Prince George’s Equestrian Center and Show Place Arena. Visitors will enjoy international, professional, amateur, junior, and young riders compete for titles and prizes — including one for $450,000.
The show is an opportunity to see some of the best equestrians in the world showcase their skills — and it’s a chance to participate in social events for horse lovers of all age groups. For a great experience, plan your visit to coordinate with the competitions:
- Head to the arena on Thursday, October 26, to join the Barn Night celebration. The western-themed party will include special events for youth and barn groups, prizes for group costumes, “wanted” posters, and decorated water bottles. The evening will be filled with showjumping, entertainment, and Old West decorations.
- On Friday, October 27, it’s Military Night at the show, honoring U.S. Armed Forces and First Responders. A jumping event will support the Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors, and there will also be Army v. Navy Barrel racing and a Shetland Pony Steeplechase. Discounted tickets are available for U.S. military and first responders.
- Bring the family to the show on Saturday, October 28, for WIHS Kids’ Day. The free event — including free parking — is a fun, educational day for kids at the arena. There will be chances to groom a pony, get your face painted, run through a no-horse jumping course, and get a photo opportunity with the mascot.
- World Cup Night is coming to the arena on Saturday, October 28. Top horses and riders will take the stage for a $450,000 prize and the President’s Cup. Judges will also decide which young rider will be named the WIHS Equitation Champion.
- Freebie Alert! Enjoy all daytime events at the Washington International Horse Show without spending a dime. Plus, park your vehicle for free during the day.
Get your tickets now for this exciting, entertaining seven-day event.