Start off your year right with a series of exciting, invigorating, and impactful events in Prince George’s County. Check out one of these events and add a little thrill to your January:
- Test your trivia knowledge on Thursdays at 7:30 p.m. at the Denizens Brewing Co. Production House and Taproom — and earn some prizes if you win the battle of the wits.
- Celebrate Martin Luther King, Jr. with the Bowie State University Chorale at the Southern Area Aquatics and Recreation. On January 14 at 2 p.m., the group will perform anthems, spirituals, and gospel music that captures the life and message of Dr. King.
- Explore the good and bad choices we make every day in the showing of “Scattered Choices” at the Bowie Center for the Performing Arts on January 14.
- Catch a basketball game at Prince George’s Community College to cheer on your local athletes. The men’s basketball team plays against Delaware Technical Community College on January 19.
- Bring your family to the College Park Aviation Museum on January 21 for a tour focused on the unique role of Postal Service airmail deliveries, including an up-close peek at the plans, artifacts, and documents from the museum’s collection.
- Book a ticket for a Happenstance Theater performance of ADRIFT: A Medieval Wayward Folly, a show that draws parallels between our current time period and the Dark Ages. The performance runs from January 26 through February 5.
- Learn about Sarah Goode, one of the first African American women to be awarded a U.S. patent when she invented a bed-desk combination. Head to the Montpelier Mansion on January 28 for the event.
- Listen to intimate jazz performances in The Coltrane Room at the Wellspring Manor & Spa every Saturday night in January and February. Local artists Kevin Howard, Steven B., Marcus Mitchell, and Brian Lenair will play in the speak-easy club at 7 p.m.
Check out more events in Prince George’s County for this month and beyond.