February is when winter starts to drag. To battle the drudgery, you can either embrace the cold outdoors or find a cozy spot inside. Hike through prominent archaeological sites in the region, or catch a live show. During this winter season, you’re bound to discover an outing, or two, that’s great for you and your whole family.
Add these February events in Prince George’s to your calendar:
- Head to the Herbert Wells Ice Rink in College Park on February 2 for its Mardi Gras Skate. Bring your own skates or rent them at the evening event.
- Check out the exhibition from Patricia Philips Bowden at the Montpelier Arts Center starting on February 3. You’ll find work on paper and canvas that merges Western and Asian influences.
- Hear stories from Janice the Griot, the official Griot of the State of Maryland, at her Fun with Animal Folktales & Soar with the Eagles event. Listen to the tales at Prince George’s Publick Playhouse in Hyattsville on February 3.
- Celebrate Valentine’s Day with family at the Brentwood Arts Exchange in Hyattsville on February 10. You’ll decorate shrinkable sheets to create cards, jewelry, key chains, and more at this free event.
- Get tickets ahead of time for the Archaeology Hike Through History at the Patuxent River Park on February 11. Explore more than 75 archaeological sites recorded in this region, including Indigenous villages, a colonial port, and a large plantation.
- Catch a screening of Loving on February 15 to honor both Valentine’s Day and Black History Month. The $5 showing at Harmony Hall Arts Center in Fort Washington highlights the landmark 1967 Supreme Court ruling.
- Be joyous this month with the Funny Southern Gals Comedy show at the Bowie Center for the Performing Arts. Join the fun and laughter at the February 16 showcase.
- Boyz II Men is coming to The Theater at MGM National Harbor on February 18! Don’t miss this opportunity to hear the songs that have become classics in the world of R&B. Get your tickets now to catch one of the best-selling R&B groups of all time.
- Take in a moving performance by local dancers at Uplift: Inspirational Dance Festival. The showcase at Prince George’s Publick Playhouse in Hyattsville on February 25 will highlight themes of healing, comfort, and gratitude.
- Don’t miss this evening with Gregory Porter on February 25 at The Theater at MGM National Harbor. The acclaimed jazz singer-songwriter will come to the arena to share his Grammy-winning music.
Discover more events in Prince George’s.