The holiday season is all about joy, connection, and delight. In Prince George’s County, you’ll find that in plenty. Whether you’re in the mood for a fantastic light show or a spirited holiday-themed concert, there truly is something for everyone.
Find the holiday celebration for you and your loved ones:
- Celebrate the season at Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center at the National Harbor. ICE! is back at the resort. The event includes larger-than-life ice sculptures based on A Christmas Story film, a massive ice slide, and spaces to capture picture-perfect family memories. Tickets are available through December 31, 2022.
- Meet Santa at the Sole Girl Fashion market on December 17, 2022. There will be a free continental breakfast and a chance to take a photo with the season’s biggest star. While you’re there, pick up beauty, home, fashion, and food items.
- Witness the Festival of Lights at the Watkins Regional Park. Create magical moments while watching the night sky fill with holiday lights — and boost the experience by joining a horse-drawn carriage ride or participating in the Festival of Lights I-Spy game. The site is open to visitors from 5–10 pm until January 1, 2023. Bring canned goods to contribute to a donation to local food banks.
- Catch the nightly light show at the National Harbor. The 60-foot tree comes to light during a 30-minute performance every evening until December 31, 2022. Listen to a holiday medley performed by the United States Air Force holiday band as you enjoy the breathtaking show.
- Book a ticket for the Chromatics holiday performance of “Returning Presence” at the Greenbelt Arts Center this December. The last performance of this unique acappella show filled with holiday tunes and classics with a modern twist is on December 17, 2022.
- The holidays are always spectacular, but you can add to the drama by going to see the Cirque Dreams Holidaze show at the National Harbor. This whimsical, Broadway-style musical has holiday cheer and circus artistry rolled together in one dazzling performance.
- Talented musicians bring holiday hits at the Happy Holidays with Secret Society Live! show at the Harmony Hall Arts Center in Fort Washington. Enjoy soul, funk, R&B, and go-go jams to celebrate the season with a little extra spark.
- If gospel music is more your speed, you’ll love A Holiday Gospel Celebration at the Bowie Center for the Performing Arts on December 17, 2022. Get into the spirit of the holiday with a powerful concert from Halima Peru, Shuga Shang, Ameya Taylor, Jamar Dukes, the Brencore Allstars Band, and more.
- Holiday shopping is a staple of the season, and if you haven’t finished yours yet, stop by the Pop Up Before Christmas event at the Sole Girl Fashion Market in Clinton on Saturday, December 24, 2022. You’ll find great vibes, good music, and phenomenal shopping from local businesses.
Once you’ve filled out your holiday schedule, it will be time to plan out the start of 2023. Join us in Prince George’s County for more fun. Find a list of upcoming events here.