The best gifts are thoughtful, personal, and unique. They make the receiver feel loved and the giver feel generous. Still, searching for these gems can be a tough task. Find the help you need in the Crown Jewel of Maryland.
Here are 10 spots where you can track down that perfect gift for your special someone (even if that special someone is you):
- The Janemark Winery & Vineyard in Brandywine creates small-batch wine from carefully chosen grapes, mostly across Maryland. Book a spot at the open-air tasting bar for a fun experience together or pop by to purchase a bottle as a present.
- Stop into the Artisan Shop at the Brentwood Arts Exchange to get your hands on one-of-a-kind items made by local artists. There, you’ll be able to choose from distinctive jewelry, textiles, ceramics, blown glass, and more.
- Fans of retro fashion will love a gift from Hyattsville’s Suffragette City. The shop is jam-packed with vintage items from 1900-1980 and modern vintage-style pieces, including work from local artists.
- For those who know self-care is a priority, the perfect gift is at BrookieGirl Bath + Body Care at the National Harbor. The shop sells gentle bath and body care products that work for all skin types — and they’re Sall void of harsh chemicals and packed with lush ingredients.
- Some presents are objects and others are memories. At the Pyramid Atlantic Art Center in Hyattsville, you can give the gift of both. Reserve a ticket for one of the group’s workshops on book arts, printmaking, and screen printing.
- Cover all your foodies in one stop at the Dutch Village Market in Upper Marlboro. Find baked goods from the J&R Bakery, homemade candles, and hand-sewn aprons at Creative Crafts & Furniture, and all the fudge and candy their stomachs can bear at E&A Candies.
- Get everything your coffee aficionado needs at Vigilante Coffee in Hyattsville. If they want to start brewing at home, you can buy a professional-level coffee maker and roasted beans from around the globe. If they prefer to drink on the go, you can get them a branded travel mug and a gift card for lattes they’ll love.
- You’ll find apparel, accessories, and footwear for those dreaming of waves and sand at Brackish Waters at the National Harbor. This locally owned shop covers all the surf, skate, and snow needs for adventure lovers.
- The goal at Zaaf at the National Harbor is twofold: provide artisanal fashion and promote economic empowerment in Africa. Shop for luxury bags, elegant jewelry, sleek wallets for the global-minded person in your life.
- Literary folks will love a gift from My Dead Aunt’s Books, a cheeky name for a cheeky shop in Hyattsville’s Sohy Arts Building. There, you’ll find used, rare, and locally published books across all genres.
Simplify your gift-giving by shopping in Prince George’s County. Check out more of what the region has to offer here.