January is a time for new beginnings, new knowledge, and new experiences. In Prince George’s, you can find all of that and more at the many theaters, arenas, and community centers. Start your year off right with a month full of art, music, film, and sport in Prince George's.
Add these January events in Prince George’s to your calendar:
- Listen to a concert from BryKeys Studios on January 6. The “A Musical Hollywood” show at the Bowie Center for Performing Arts will feature a variety of excellent musical numbers.
- Attend a showcase of 2D and 3D art from Brian Michael Dunn on January 8 at the Montpelier Arts Center. The artist translates everyday objects and experiences into new visual languages.
- Enjoy a round or two of Drag Bingo on January 10 and 24 at Denizens Brewing Co. The Riverdale Park Brewery & Taproom hosts the events on the second and fourth Wednesdays of the month.
- Attend a showing of Singlefin: Yellow, a film that follows one surfboard around the world as it's shared by a group of friends. The Brentwood Arts Exchange will be sharing the film on January 11.
- Get tickets for the nearly sold-out performance of Dancing with the Stars: Live! 2024 Tour at the National Harbor Theater on January 12. You’ll get to see performances from Emma Slater, Alan Bersten, Britt Stewart, and more.
- The Super Girls Group consists of five original members of some of the greatest female groups from the 1950s and 1960s — and you can see them perform at the Harmony Hall Arts Center in Fort Washington on January 13.
- Work on your health and wellness with this Meal Prep: Cook Once, Eat All Week Cooking Demonstration during this virtual event run by Prince George’s Parks & Recreation on January 17. Learn how to get a head start on your week with these nutritious meals.
- Find rest and rejuvenation at the 2024 Mind, Body, Soul & Spirit Retreat at the Wellspring Manor & Spa from January 19 – 21. You’ll participate in yoga sessions, cooking demonstrations, and wellness workshops.
- Immerse yourself in the culture of Central America with DC-based Latin Grammy-nominated instrumentalist Elena La Fulana on January 20. This dynamic performance will showcase original and traditional Nicaraguan music, poetry, and dance.
- Catch the women’s basketball team play at Prince George’s Community College on January 24 and January 26. They’ll be taking on teams from Montgomery College and Howard Community College.
Discover more events in Prince George’s.