Summer is in full swing, and these hot months are the perfect time for getting out into the community. Head to Prince George’s to join the fun as you dance the night away, watch a movie by the waterfront, practice your skills as a scientist, and so much more.
Check out these summer-friendly activities in July:
- Catch a movie at National Harbor during Movies on the Potomac events. On Thursday evenings, enjoy date night with a show at 7 p.m., while family movies will kick off at 6 p.m. on Sundays. Lend your talents to the open mic event at Busboys and Poets in Hyattsville on July 6. DJ Tao will host the event, where participants can share spoken word and music with other attendees.
- Celebrate the music of Motown with the Brencore Allstars Band on July 8. The show, held at Oxon Hill High School Auditorium, will benefit academic and leadership services for local youth.
- Explore the wonders of aviation and get inspired by the region’s historic contributions to the field. Attend the Maryland Aviation Festival on July 8 at the College Park Aviation Museum. The event, which starts at noon, will include aircraft displays, activities for children, tours, and more.
- Create your own jewelry at this workshop at the Brentwood Arts Exchange. On July 15, instructors will help you create several sets of earrings with beads or formed wire events. Beginners are welcome.
- Kids can become a scientist at the Greenbelt library on July 18 for its STEM-tastic event. They’ll get to conduct hands-on science activities, rely on scientific principles, and solve a puzzle as a team.
- Listen to the legendary Peter Frampton play at the Theater at MGM National Harbor on July 20. The Grammy Award winner is bringing his “Never Say Never” tour to the region for one night only.
- Test your music knowledge at the Name That Tune competition hosted by the Prince George’s County Memorial Library System. Bring your friends to the Town Center Market on July 25 at 6:30 p.m. to identify songs from clips played by a DJ.
- Head to FedExField on July 30 to attend two Premier League games. At noon, Aston Villa FC will take on Brentford FC, and at 2:45 p.m., Chelsea FC will play Fulham FC. One ticket will cover both matches.
- Catch a performance of The Tempest at a Shakespeare in the Park showing throughout the month. The free shows, which are celebrating their tenth anniversary in Prince George’s, will be held at the Montpelier Mansion Historic Site.
Discover more events in Prince George’s.