The flowers are blooming. The sun is shining. The season is turning. Enjoy the joy of spring in Prince George’s by getting outside with your friends and family, capturing core memories, and volunteering to help heal the Earth. The county has plenty to offer when it comes to enjoyable springtime moments.
Join these six activities to make the most out of this season of renewal:
- Capture core family memories together at the Mall at Prince George’s when the Bunny comes to town. Plan your best spring outfit and make a reservation for a springtime photo session before April 8.
- Shepherd in the season with a free two-day festival in Bowie on April 16. The Savor Bowie 2023 Food Wine and Music Festival hosts two music stages, complimentary wine tastings, and local food and artisan vendors.
- Ring in Earth Day with a volunteer clean-up event at Piscataway Park hosted by the Accokeek Foundation. On April 22, you can either work in the gardens by clearing the beds and planting new native plants or clean the shoreline of the Potomac River.
- Walk through the formal English gardens at Oxon Hill Manor to take in the blossoms and sunshine. Moving along the meticulously groomed paths will weave you past rose bushes, a large brick patio, and expansive views.
- Pack a picnic to enjoy at the University Hills Duck Pond Park in Hyattsville. The park is home to a large playground for the kids to use, a walking and biking path along the water, and a picnic pavilion for rent.
- Bring the kids to Cosca Regional Park on the Cosca Park Hippity Hop event on April 22 for three different egg hunts, an afternoon of crafts, live entertainment, and photos with the bunny. Different age groups will be split into different times to search for a golden egg.
Discover more activities to enjoy outside in Prince George’s.