This magnificent structure represents the history of Bowie circa 1745. The
beautiful five-part Georgian plantation house was once the home of Samuel
Ogle, provincial governor of Maryland. Enlarged in 1914 by the New York
architectural firm of Delano and Aldrich, the mansion was also the home of
William Woodward, a famous horseman in the first half of the 20th century.
Restored to reflect its 250-year-old legacy, the mansion is listed on the
National Register of Historic Places.
Space NotesAll rooms available for rentals are on the first floor, and are indicated on the floor plans with room names. A parking lot level accessible entrance provides access to both the elevator and a restroom that wheelchair accessible.