Field of Grass and Flowers

Billingsley House Museum

6900 Green Landing Road
Upper Marlboro, MD 20772
(301) 627-0730
Visit Website
  • Details

    Located on 430 acres of land overlooking the confluence of the Patuxent River and the Western Branch, Billingsley is an early plantation home of the Tidewater Colonial style. Built around 1740 as a home for the Weems family, the house is named for Maj. John Billingsley, who obtained the original land grant from the second Lord Baltimore in 1662. The house was owned by several prominent families and was renovated in the mid 19th century.