Field of Grass and Flowers

Chew’s Bridge

6900 Van Wagner Road
Upper Marlboro , MD 20772
  • Details

    1898, 90-foot-long wood and iron bridge supported by upright posts constructed of iron Phoenix sections. Built to span the tracks of the Baltimore and Potomac Railroad, and connect two parts of Judge Chew’s Ellerslie farm; only known bridge surviving from the early years of this railroad line; owned by Consolidated Rail Corporation.