In 1939, Captain and Mrs. Newton H. White purchased land in Prince George’s County with the intention of creating a model dairy farm. The farm proved to be very lucrative and the couple commissioned architect W.E. Bottomly to build a mansion on the property. He named the two-story brick Neo-Georgian style home and the surrounding 586 acre tract Enterprise Estate, after the U.S.S. Enterprise, the ship he commanded prior to World War II. It included, model dairy farm buildings and cemetery; the land, known as Warington, was owned for over a century by the Waring family, six of whose members are buried in a small fenced plot near the present mansion. Today the mansion is surrounded by Enterprise Golf Course and consists of six large rooms, a contemporary glass-enclosed atrium, two upstairs dressing rooms, and an outdoor brick patio with a central waterfall fountain.