This is the site of the original Queen’s Chapel, built in 1868. The
original church was a small log chapel, and included a cemetery that was
already being used by African Americans in the Muirkirk area. The original
chapel has been replaced twice, most recently by a brick church that stands
on the opposite side of the road. The construction of another chapel on an
adjacent lot is currently planned. The site of the original chapel is now
the cemetery of Queen’s Chapel United Methodist Church. The oldest
inscribed gravestone dates back to 1886.