Field of Grass and Flowers

Riverdale Park

5008 Queensbury Road
Riversdale Park, MD 20737
(301) 927-6381
Visit Website
  • Details

    In 1920, the town of Riverdale was incorporated as a street car commuter suburb of Washington, DC on land that was once part of the Calvert family’s Riversdale property. The story goes that the town was name after the developers’ home town of Riverdale Park, New York, not after the mansion. In a referendum held August 8, 1998 it was voted to rename the town to Riverdale Park, effective September 7, 1998. The United States Postal Service, however, still refers to the incorporated town of Riversdale Park as well as some of the surrounding unincorporated area to the east as “Riverdale”.