Field of Grass and Flowers

Saint Mark’s Methodist Episcopal Church

601 8th Street
Laurel, MD 20707
(301) 776-8885
Visit Website
  • Details

    Since 1921, St. Mark’s Methodist Episcopal Church has served as a landmark within the city of Laurel. The history of the congregation dates back to 1891 when James Hebron and two other black Methodists purchased the land for the church. The frame of the church sat across the street from the Laurel Colored School, which was constructed in 1884. St. Mark’s has served an active congregation since it’s founding, and represents the religious center for a long-standing black community.