The chefs in Prince George’s are serving up mouthwatering plant-based dishes for vegans, vegetarians, flexitarians, omnivores, and everyone in between. If you’re looking for a meal that isn’t focused on meat, the Crown Jewel of Maryland has you covered.
Hop over to one of these 11 vegan- and vegetarian-friendly restaurants for delicious eats that will leave you feeling great all day:
- At the Elife Vegan Restaurant in Capitol Heights, you can sample soul food staples that have turned a healthier corner. Check out their menu ahead of time to get the daily specials, from spaghetti casserole to Thai curry tofu.
- Everyone will find something they love at Busboys and Poets in Hyattsville, including vegans and vegetarians. The Gateway Arts District restaurant serves up crispy cauliflower bites, vegan “chicken” sandwiches, and red curry risotto every day of the week.
- The menu at Gangster Vegan Organics in Riverdale covers all the bases for a veg-friendly meal. Start with an Ay Papi Burrito Bowl or Notorious Tuna Salad, then end your meal with a slice of the Bonita Applebaum faux cheesecake.
- While Shagga Restaurant serves meals with meat, it also has plenty for vegans and vegetarians. Try the split lentils, collard greens, and tomato salad.
- Bump up your fast-casual salads with high-quality ingredients and unique combinations at Greenbar in Fort Washington. Build your bowl to get the veggie-centered meal of your dreams.
- Order a Sunday brunch for the ages at Dodah’s Kitchen in Mount Rainier or Seat Pleasant, where you can indulge in vegan versions of chicken and waffles, French toast sticks, and shrimp and grits.
- In College Park, you can stop by NuVegan Café for vegan versions of a barbecue roast and crab cake sandwich — then pair your meal with a fresh-pressed juice and sweet cinnamon roll.
- Vegetarians will find more than enough options at Franklins in Riverdale, from the beets and goat cheese salad, to the south-by-southwest pizza. Bring anyone, from vegans to meat lovers, to the restaurant for a meal.
- The mother-daughter duo at Phat Vegan offers the burgers of your dreams, without the trappings of a meat-centered meal. Get the Phat Mac and loaded PV fries for a classic fast-food meal with a twist.
- If you’re searching for impressive vegan eats without being forced to leave the house, look no further than Night Owl Vegan. The delivery service, which sometimes hosts pop-ups in the region, will send convenient, veg-centered meals to your door.
- Modern Asian fusion recipes top the menu at Grace’s Mandarin in National Harbor. Vegans and vegetarians can join their meat-eating counterparts and gobble up crispy vegetable dumplings, avocado sushi rolls, and Thai street noodles.
These spots serve food for the whole family, and there are even more restaurants in Prince George’s that welcome your entire crew.
Please confirm the hours of operation with each business or venue.