The world of craft brewing and distilling has exploded, and it’s taken root in Prince George’s. With a community of focused, creative, and innovative brewers, the production houses, breweries, and taprooms in the region consistently put out high-quality, delicious beer, seltzers, mead, and more. You’re guaranteed to find a brew that you love wherever you go.
Visit these seven breweries and distilleries in Prince George’s:
- The rotation at Denizens Brewing Co. Production House & Taproom in Riverdale Park includes fresh craft beer and hard seltzer. Seven days a week, you can head to the indoor and outdoor space to enjoy delicious brews in a casual environment. Keep tabs on the schedule to enjoy drag bingo, brewery open houses, and musical performances as you drink.
- The local 82 Streetcar ran from 1888 until 1958, and the Streetcar 82 Brewing Co. was named after the iconic line. Set in Hyattsville, the company is focused on community. With that in mind, you’ll find a brewery and taproom with a beer garden, outdoor seating, cornhole, and life-size Jenga.
- Franklins Restaurant, Brewery, and General Store is a staple of Prince George’s — and for good reason. With its indoor and outdoor seating, quirky general store, and extensive menu, it’s the perfect space for food and drink. Even beer is brewed in-house by its brewmaster in a 10-barrel Bohemian Brewing Company system. Stop by to try a classic brew or a seasonal tap.
- The mission at Maryland Meadworks is to combine ancient wisdom and modern knowledge to craft delicious, locally sourced mead. The natural processes incorporate fruit, herbs, spices, and other flavors to build layered and complex drinks. Try the Bitter Bee, the Tart Gwen, or the Mead Marian.
- In Upper Marlboro, Calvert Brewing Company has an array of options on tap at all times, including ones that are perfect for gluten-free visitors. Stop by during a trivia night to test your brainpower as you enjoy the carefully crafted brews.
- Liquid Intrusion Brewing Company in Brandywine is the place to taste the South of DC Cream Ale and the African Queen and Her 7 C’s IPA. Be sure to look out for upcoming brews.
- While you can’t sip brews from Black Beauty Brewery on site, you can try them at Rips Country Inn, Fairwood Wine & Spirits, Woodmore Wine & Spirits, Town Center Market, and Dan’s Restaurant and Taphouse in Prince George’s. Stop by any of these locations to taste the Bloody Orange Saison, White Chocolate Dream, and newly developed brews.
Check out these other bars, pubs, and breweries in Prince George’s.