Horseback riding is a chance to connect with these majestic animals, push your own limits, and find a united community. In Prince George’s, there are plenty of opportunities to interact with this thrilling sport, both in the arena and across the countryside. Whether you want to see the professionals ride or take to the trails yourself, there’s something for you in the region.
Visit one or more of these eight equestrian sites in Prince George’s:
- Book a private or semi-private lesson at Allan & Clover Sport Horses in Harwood. With its focus on improving both riders and horses, the group provides specialized guidance, cross-country school, lessons on location, training, and boarding.
- If you’re searching for a full-service equestrian facility, Hideaway Horse Center is the right fit. Set on 43 acres in Brandywine and surrounded by over 100 acres of equestrian trails, the barn and arena hosts private and group lessons.
- Soft Landing Stables in Accokeek offers visitors lessons at the boutique hunter-jumper farm. You can also take advantage of boarding and horse leases at the massive green pasture.
- Family-owned Merkel Farm sits between Bowie State University and the Patuxent Wildlife Preserve. There, you’ll find boarding, lessons, competitions, and summer camps. Surrounded by miles of trails and home to a lit ring, two barns, and fenced fields, the farm offers connection and support for horse lovers.
- Just 25 minutes from the Prince George’s Equestrian Venter, Liberty Ridge Stables in Brandywine provides the highest level of equine care and education. Board your horse on site, book a lesson, and join the ranks of both pleasure and sport riders.
- The Educated Horsemen is dedicated to introducing beginner riders to the basics of horsemanship and exposing them to the world of horse competitions. With adult and child riding lessons, training sessions, summer camps, and events, the group is a place for anyone with an interest in the activity.
- As a horse and small farm animal sanctuary, The Big Purple Barn in Bowie offers tours of this special space to the public. You can meet the animals that have been rescued and call the farm home, support the cause, and get the benefits of one-on-one time with the horses.
- While you might not be able to ride horses yet at the Prince George’s Equestrian Center, you can see the professionals perform at the highest level. Check the schedule to attend one of the many world-class competitions held at the center.
Check out more horseback riding options in Prince George’s.