The perfect date is different for every couple. It might mean an extravagant candlelight dinner, a walk in a butterfly garden, or an evening of jazz. Whatever you choose, you can find it — and more — in Prince George’s County.
Take your date to one of these eight spots to find the romance of the region:
- Keep your eyes in the sky on a date at Lake Artemesia in Berwyn Heights. The bird-watching opportunities at the lake are top-notch, and you’ll get the chance to spot finches, orioles, ibis, and other local specimens. Bring your binoculars and a notebook to mark your findings.
- Learn something new together at the Merkel Farm Equestrian Center in Bowie, where you and your date can explore the miles of trails by horseback together. Book a group lesson or splurge for a private hour-long session.
- Start at the Watkins Nature Center in Upper Marlboro to get advice on the best spots for a romantic picnic in the park — then explore the butterfly garden and songbird feeding area. If you’re feeling young at heart, hop onto the historic Chesapeake Carousel.
- Reserve a table at Voltaggio Brothers Steak House, created by celebrity-chef brothers, in National Harbor for a meal that merges nostalgia and modernity. Dine on iced shellfish, Petrossian caviar, and wood-fired steaks.
- Get on the water for a picture-perfect tour of the Potomac with your favorite paddling partner. Join Monumental Boat Tours for a private, two-hour trip along the water.
- Book a ticket for an event at The Clarice at the University of Maryland. If you’re lucky, you’ll be able to catch a jazz showcase, string performance, or dance recital to kick off the perfect date night.
- Make your morning together more intentional with brunch at Cori’s Modern Kitchen + Bar. You can order a crab-stuffed omelet, Belgian waffles, and a smoked salmon benedict — all while enjoying your favorite mimosa combination.
- Taste test some of the nation’s best wines at Robin Hill Farm in Brandywine. The winery has been family-owned and -operated for over 55 years, and you’ll find both romance and charm on your visit.
Find more Prince George’s County restaurants where you can enjoy a date night with someone special.
Be sure to confirm hours of operation before visiting each location.