Athletic endeavors bring out delight and passion for spectators and participants. When it comes to fall sports, there are plenty of choices. You can catch a professional football game, watch your local college team play, or test your abilities now the sports season has officially kicked off.
Grab a ticket or book a time for one of these seven sport-centered activities:
- Head to FedEx Stadium to watch the Washington Commanders take on teams during the pre-season games — and then head back again for the season to start.
- The Bowie Baysox will continue to play through the fall at Prince George’s Stadium. Book a ticket for a game and enjoy the fireworks, live music, and mystery giveaways that come along with the fun.
- Professional sports aren’t the only game in town. Catch soccer, volleyball, football, and field hockey games that are just as competitive and exciting at the University of Maryland and cheer alongside local students.
- Take your sports experience into your own hands at the Prince George’s Sports and Learning Complex in Landover. Get stronger in the fitness center, watch an event at the outdoor stadium, or improve your stroke at the leisure pool.
- If you prefer your sports at a slower pace, hop over to the Henson Creek Golf Course in Fort Washington. There, you can enjoy the grassy fairways of the nine-hole course, practice on the driving range, and take in the beautiful views.
- At the Capital Sportsplex in Glenn Dale, you can join a soccer league, sign the kids up for their own teams, or hold a sports-focused birthday party. If not sure about the commitment, test out the experience at a drop-in game.
- One of the benefits of visiting the year-round disc golf course at the Paint Branch Community Park during the fall is playing the sport under the changing leaves. The free course is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Discover more ways to experience the world of sports in Prince George’s.