Live music doesn’t always come in the form of a concert hall or massive stadium. Stopping into local restaurants, cafes, or venues for smaller shows gives you the opportunity to listen to local music you might not otherwise see. Prince George’s is full of artists and musicians who are ready to showcase their talent.
Listen to local tunes at one of these five Prince George’s spots:
- Stop by karaoke night at Nipsey’s Restaurant & Grill in Upper Marlboro on Thursday nights to bring your own music to the evening. Or go listen to a soul-centered band on Friday nights if singing isn’t your style.
- Listen to music as you enjoy local wine at Robin Hill Farm and Vineyards in Brandywine. Check out the changing calendar of live events to match the tunes and food truck you enjoy most.
- Dine on spicy BBQ tacos, pulled pork sandwiches, or vegan mac & cheeze as you listen to live music at New Deal Café in Greenbelt. This member-owned, volunteer-run cooperative hosts local performers who rely on tips for their pay.
- Head to the Old Bowie Town Grille for classic music and a classic menu. Every Wednesday night, the restaurant hosts a Classic Jam session, and Friday and Saturday evenings are also usually filled with live music.
- Don’t sleep on the shows hosted by the American Legion Post 60 in Laurel. Every Saturday night at 7:30 p.m., the space hosts local bands for a rollicking performance.
Experience more arts and culture in Prince George’s.