Moms deserve all the joy and relaxation in the world, and Prince George’s has plenty of opportunities to give that to them. Whether you’re coming together for a delectable French-inspired treat or dancing the night away to a Grammy Award-winning artist, Mother’s Day is a time to honor these important people.
Fill your holiday with these celebratory activities:
- Book a night at the charming Laurel Manor House Bed and Breakfast. Spend the morning drinking coffee in the rocking chairs on the front porch and the evening in front of the fireplace in the historic parlor.
- Head to National Harbor to see Jill Scott, a three-time Grammy Award-winning singer-songwriter, at the MGM Theater. The poet, musician, and writer is performing her 23rd-anniversary tour.
- Enjoy a dueling piano show as you and your mother indulge in a lunch buffet at Bobby McKey’s Dueling Piano Bar. The venue will be hosting a special Mother’s Day celebration on May 14 — and bottomless mimosas are included.
- Pack a picnic, bring a blanket, and enjoy a family-friend movie at National Harbor. On May 14, they’ll be showing Lightyear.
- Head to the Riversdale House Museum for a day of historic enjoyment. Start by enjoying the Open-Hearth Cooking demonstration of 19th-century recipes celebrating mothers, continue with a free mother-centered tour of the historic home and garden, and end with a concert by the Chamber Music Society.
- Make a reservation for brunch at the Sobe Restaurant & Lounge in Seabrook. Pair your French toast with chicken or lobster as you sip a Bellini with your mom.
- Travel along the Legacy Wine Trail, where the vineyards and wineries of Prince George’s join together to serve up reds, whites, and ciders for any and every palate.
- Relax during the spa treatments at Wellspring Manor & Spa in Upper Marlboro. Melt away the tension with a hot stone massage, or get rid of stress with a deep tissue massage.
- Indulge in a delectable breakfast at the Bellagio Patisserie in National Harbor, which serves up French-inspired chocolates, cakes, coffee, and more from the restaurant's pastry chefs.
Find more relaxing and luxurious spas in Prince George’s.