Spring is baseball season, and Major League Baseball isn’t the only game in town. The Bowie Baysox is the city’s Minor League Baseball team, and each game is packed with family-friendly joy, exuberance, and delight.
Extend your experience into an entire Baysox weekend with this itinerary:
- Get tickets for a game. Baysox games are all throughout the week and weekend, so you have plenty of options. Many of these afternoons and evenings also include fun activities, including days when dogs are welcome, post-game light shows, and fireworks.
- Pretend to be a player. There’s extra excitement for kids, and kids-at-heart, at the games. Every Friday and Saturday evening, children ages 12 and younger are invited to run the bases out on the field after the game is over. On Sundays, every fan — besides the pups — is invited to run the bases after the game.
- Take in a kid-friendly show. Check out the shows at the Bowie Center for Performing Arts, which hosts many family-friendly performances. In May, for example, you can catch a showing of Peter & the Wolf, the story of a spirited young boy who meets danger with courage and creativity.
- Spend the night. Book a hotel with a swimming pool in Bowie to ensure your family can cool off after watching the game. The TownePlace Suites Bowie Town Center, Hampton Inn Bowie, Comfort Inn Conference Center, and Courtyard Bowie all offer swimming to guests.
- Play at an Imagination Playground. The Little Critter Playground in Bowie boasts a musical drum circle space, a shady play structure, and an array of swings. Kids can run free through the tree-lined park and explore the nature-themed playground.
- Eat healthy, delicious food. Stop by Mezeh, a Mediterranean grill that offers bowls, flatbread wraps, and pita pockets packed with choose-your-own-adventure combinations of greens, grains, proteins, toppings, and sauces. With the customization, even the pickiest eater will find something they like.
- Jump for joy. Take a break from baseball to stretch your legs at the Sky Zone park. Visitors can jump, spin, flip, and play their way through the many zones in the space, from sky jousting to ultimate dodgeball.
Discover more sports activities in Prince George’s.