The best getaways don’t need to take you far from home. Sometimes, you can have the most fun just a stone’s throw away from the place you usually lay your head. In Prince George’s, there are many spots where you can spend an exciting, relaxing, or grand weekend.
Book one of these staycations in the region:
Get Luxurious at National Harbor
- Stay at the AC Hotel National Harbor, where modern and trendy décor meets European minimalism. The atmosphere will set the stage for an extravagant and joyful experience.
- Shop at the National Harbor’s Tanger Outlets to grab extreme savings on deluxe goods. The retailers range from Adidas to Le Creuset to Kate Spade — each one offering major discounts on in-demand items.
- Play at Top Golf in National Harbor. The climate-controlled hitting bays provide a space to practice your golf swing, start a friendly competition, and hit up the connected sports bar and restaurant.
- Eat at Bond 45, a restaurant that has already made its mark in New York’s theater district. The Italian kitchen and bar offer housemade burrata, fresh seafood, and handcrafted pasta. Pair your meal with the perfect wine for extra indulgence.
Connect to Nature in Brandywine
- Stay at Hennessy Creek Bed & Breakfast, a historic home built around 1830 and has been owned by just four families since its foundation. Designated as part of the National Historic Society, the home sits on over 41 acres of country land.
- Eat at the Hennessy Creek Bed & Breakfast before starting out on your day. The site offers up a hot country breakfast for guests every morning.
- Drink at Robin Hill Farm and Vineyards, where the land has been home to family farmers since 1955. The current wines include a wide variety of whites and reds made in a state-of-the-art winery located in the plot’s renovated tobacco barn.
- Relax during a horse-drawn carriage ride through the rolling hills of Brandywine. Choose the one-hour or two-hour tour along the local lanes of the countryside, the latter of which includes a stop at Romano Vineyard & Winery.
Get the College Experience
- Stay at the Cambria Hotel College Park, where modern rooms and suites offer guests a fitness center, indoor tennis court, and stylish common space. The hotel is at the heart of the college town, making it easy to catch a sports game or pop into a local restaurant.
- Eat at Milk & Honey Café for unique comfort food. Order the award-winning shrimp & grits, the deep-fried Salmon hash, or the Rum Chata French toast to begin your day with a delicious meal.
- Walk the Paint Branch Trail off Lakeland Road, a natural space that is easily accessible from the downtown streets of College Park and home to a flowing river.
- Play at Board & Brew, a space where meals, coffee, and board games meet. The library of more than 750 game titles truly offers something for every player — and the milkshakes and desserts will give you an energy boost to play them.
Check out other hotels in Prince George’s to stage a staycation.