Upper Marlboro was once a port town, bringing in tobacco shipments. Settled around 1695, it is one of the oldest surviving towns in the region — and it’s still thriving today. While plenty of visitors head to the town for a horse show or to manage official business, there is even more to the town. Have a great meal, enjoy local wine, play a round of golf, and so much more.
Coordinate a rejuvenating day in Upper Marlboro with this list of must-do activities:
- Start your day off with breakfast at the Old Towne Inn. Order the chicken and waffles, Old Towne Inn scrambler, French toast Neopolitan, or mashed potato omelet to boost your energy for the rest of your adventure.
- Stop by the Wellspring Spa & Manor to stroll through the site’s art gallery. Book an appointment ahead of time, and you can see work from over 40 artists of color from around the world — pieces that celebrate Black art in all its forms.
- Visit the Dutch Village Farmers Market to shop for hardwood furniture, homemade candles, handmade candies and chocolates, whoopie pies, pumpkin rolls, and an array of flavored cream cheeses.
- Catch one of the seasonal festivals or activities that happen at Montpelier Farms, like the fall festival that includes a seven-acre interactive corn maze or a walk through the fields of photo-worthy sunflowers (when in season).
- Choose from a selection of wines at Two Lions Vineyards in Upper Marlboro, where you can relax in the newest winery along the Legacy Wine Trail. Add a charcuterie board to your weekend experience and enjoy a curated wine flight with the snacks.
- Book a tee time at the Lake Presidential Golf Club when the weather’s warm to swing through the 18-hole championship course. Stop by the Perch Grille on location for post-golf refreshments.
- Finish your day with dinner at Babes Boys Tavern at The Top of the Hill. The pub and eatery will serve you delicious tavern fare, from Buffalo wings to chicken salad wraps to Angus beef burgers. Add an order of freshly cut fries to your plate for an extra dose of deliciousness.
Plan a day trip focused on wellness and relaxation in Hyattsville.