Constructed in 1889, Abraham Hall is located in the historic African
African community of Rossville. The first African American historic site in
Prince George’s to be fully restored utilizing public funds, Abraham Hall
served as a meeting hall, house of worship, school, and social hall. It was
constructed by the Benevolent Sons & Daughters of Abraham. Renovated and
re-dedicated in 2009, the building houses the Black History Program of the
Maryland-National Capital Park & Planning Commission, Prince George’s
County Parks & Recreation.