c. 1930, Complex of 3 buildings includes ticket office/freight shed,
passenger waiting shed, and signal tower; relocated in July 1992 to serve
as museum facility; tower dismantled from original location; rare survivors
of the heyday of railroad travel; these buildings have served freight
management, ticket sales passenger shelter and train-movement controls at
historic Bowie junction; now owned by the City of Bowie. The Bowie Railroad
Tower is the home of the National Railroad Historical Society’s Martin
O’Rourke Railroad Research Library.