1912; 2 story frame schoolhouse of institutional Foursquare form; a
pyramidal roof cupola rises from the front plane of the hip roof and the
original school bell is preserved inside. Designed by noted black architect
William Sidney Pittman of Washington, D. C.; after its construction, it had
the only facilities for industrial training of blacks in Prince George’s
County; Served as school until 1934; important landmark in Fairmont Heights.