1920s, 1 story frame building with gable-end facade; cemetery c. 1900
onward. Founded by a group formerly enslaved African-Americans in 1884 who
constructed a frame church building in 1889; it was demolished in 1967;
congregations like this helped build a sense of community and
self-determination among members in an era when political, social, and
economic opportunities were limited by the failure of Reconstruction-era
reforms and the structures of government-sponsored segregation.