Field of Grass and Flowers

North Brentwood

5008 Queensbury Road
North Brentwood, MD 20722
(301) 699-9699
Visit Website
  • Details

    North Brentwood was the first African-American incorporated Town in the Prince George’s County. It is situated six miles northeast of the ellipse between Mt. Rainier and Hyattsville, Maryland. North Brentwood was originally part of the “Castle Tract”, later known as the “Highlands”. In 1887 Captain Wallace Bartlett formed Holladay Land and Improvement Division. He sold plots of land in the low area, subject to flooding, to African-Americans. He dedicated this land in memory of the black regiment which served under him in the civil war. Land was designated for churches and a school.