Field of Grass and Flowers

Perkins Chapel and Cemetery

8500 Springfield Road
Glenn Dale, MD 20769
  • Details

    c. 1861, 1 1/2 story gable-roof frame meeting-house with bracketed cornice and gabled entry vestibule. Built during the division in the Methodist Episcopal "Church in the 1860s on land donated by J. T. Perkins; one of the few surviving mid-19th century rural chapels in the county."