Ridgely Church is a one-story, front gabled structure with pointed-arch
windows with commemorative stained glass. It is bordered by a small
graveyard with handsome primitively carved stones. The present building was
constructed in 1921 to replace the original church founded by Lewis Ridgely
in 1871 that was destroyed by fire. Church serving black community at this
location since 1871; present building replaces church founded by Lewis
Ridgely in 1871 to serve local black Methodist community; moved a short
distance back from the major highway and restored.