A five-part stucco-covered brick plantation, built between 1801-1807, which
blends Flemish and American architecture. The mansion was begun by Henri J.
Stier, and completed by his daughter and son-in-law, Rosalie and George
Calvert. It is available for rental for weddings, meetings, receptions and
other special events, with a guest capacity of 75. Facility includes a
kitchen, and the grounds may be used as well.
DescriptionRiversdale was one of the most distinctive homes in the region during the early Federal period. Today, the central portion of the house serves as a museum interpreting the lifestyle of an affluent family. The rental areas include a large carpeted ballroom in late 19th century decor as well as a smaller meeting/banquet room and catering kitchen.