1741, 1855, 1876, gable-roof stone church with early semi-octagonal
sacristy and later Victorian frame bell tower; grounds include ancient
cemetery and Second Empire style Rectory. Sanctuary and sacristy survive
from original church; rebuilt after fire in May 1853; Roman Catholic clergy
meeting at White Marsh in April 1789 elected John Carroll, a native of
Upper Marlboro, as the first American bishop.