1946, obelisk-like monument constructed of coursed blocks of gray granite
and orange sandstone set in random arrangement; the principal section of
the monument has a slim pyramidal shape, rising from a square stone plinth.
The base rests on a single wide course of granite Many of Fairmount
Heights’ young men served their country during World War II. Their
dedication and sacrifices were commemorated by the residents of Fairmount
Heights in 1946 with the construction of this memorial. The names of each
soldier who served and died in the war are inscribed on metal plaques that
originally adorned the sides of the stone monument; the plaques have been
removed for restoration.