Nearly a quarter of the population in Prince George’s is Hispanic or Latino, making it a fantastic spot to try some of the delicious meals that come from that region of the world. Whether you’re dining in or carrying out, you can enjoy street tacos with handmade tortillas, charbroiled Peruvian chicken plates, classic pupusas with traditional fillings, and much more.
Order up authentic Latin American cuisine at one of these eight spots:
- Try authentic dishes that pack a punch at Sardi’s Peruvian Chicken, like the charbroiled Peruvian chicken, chuletas de cerdo, arroz chaufa, and fried yuca. Check out the locations in Beltsville, Bowie, Capitol Heights, Clinton, Langley Park, Laurel, Oxon Hill, and Temple Hills.
- Don’t miss the empanadas, tostones, and tacos at Cocineros in Hyattsville. The trendy and modern Latin eatery serves up a combination of flavors from South, Central, and North American dishes.
- The menu at Tacos 5 de Mayo in Hyattsville includes street tacos, tortas, sopes, burritos, quesadillas, taquitos, nachos, and pupusas. Make it a meal with the taco platter, enchiladas plate, orden de carnitas.
- Head to Pollo Tipico in Lanham to order beans and rice, fried yuca, enchiladas, nachos, sopes, tortas, carne asada, and more. You’ll find large portions and reasonable prices on classic dishes.
- Four sisters started La Pupuseria la Familiar to share their love of traditional Salvadoran dishes. This classic pupuseria honors the dish — and the palates of the community with added burritos, quesadillas, and taquitos.
- Spice up your evening restaurant options by heading to El Mexireno Restaurant, an Oxon Hill spot with bar vibes. You can get fried chicken tacos, enchiladas, seafood soup, grilled shrimp, and more.
- Boost your takeaway game by adding Silvestre Rotisserie & Grille in Suitland to the list. Add coleslaw, rice, yuca, black beans, or fried plantains to your chicken — or choose the red snapper, tilapia, or steak.
- Get filling taco plates and packed burritos at La Fondita in Hyattsville. The handmade tortillas add an extra element of flavor and authenticity to the already delicious meal.
If you prefer a meal on the go, try out one of these food trucks when they’re in Prince George’s.