Ensure your winter is packed with excitement and adventure by planning activities in Prince George’s for the kids. Avoid the boredom of staying home and get into the community to strike up some wonder, stretch the mind, and move your body. In Prince George’s, there are enough family-friendly spots to make the season a joy for everyone.
Explore the region as a family with these seven winter-break activities:
- Boost your kids’ space knowledge by heading to the NASA Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt. Explore the universe through the heliophysics exhibit, which reveals all the ways our Sun impacts the solar system, or the space communications and navigation exhibit, where kids learn how to send messages through space without interference.
- Hit the ice at one of the five rinks in Prince George’s. The Gardens Ice House is well-equipped with three huge rinks, while the Tucker Road Ice Rink is a great spot for new skaters to learn.
- Hit the sledding hills across the county. The College Heights Secondary School offers a moderate slope for sled riders, and sleds at the hill at Riversdale House Mansion will catch a little extra speed. If you’re looking for a steep hill with major thrills, head to Rainbow Park.
- Older kids with a penchant for board games will love spending the day at The Board and Brew. Visitors can enjoy a snack or meal from the café’s premium menu while they play one of the 700-plus games available to borrow from the game library.
- Jump into the past at the Mount Calvert Historical & Archaeological Park in Upper Marlboro. This National Park Service National Underground Railroad Network to Freedom site offers a look into Maryland’s history, and visitors can see history being uncovered by archaeologists who are working on an active excavation.
- Get jumping at Launch in Capitol Heights. This trampoline park offers more than just trampolines. It’s home to a ninja course, zipline, rocks wall, arcade, and massive foam pit — along with a dedicated toddler time on Fridays.
- The Rollingcrest-Chillum Splash Pool is open year-round for family water adventures. The indoor pool and splash pad have everything a kid needs for some wet-and-wild fun: water slides, pools that wind along the space, and exciting spray chutes.
The fun doesn’t need to stop when school starts again. Check out more family-friendly experiences in Prince George’s here.
Be sure to confirm hours of operation before visiting each location.