Everyone needs options for getting together with friends, family, and community. Great spaces offer great settings to connect and Prince George’s provides a variety of ways to spend time through the arts, sports, film, education, and much more.
Check out these lively August activities in Prince George’s:
- Join the National Aquarium at the Greenbelt library for its Rain Forest Discovery event on August 8. Visitors will learn about the importance of this unique habitat and investigate the plants and animals that survive in this space.
- Six Flags America is a place for all families, and the park hosts Sensory Friendly Days for an inclusive park experience. On August 9 and 23, all guests are welcome for a day focused on reducing the environmental triggers in the park.
- Attend the boxing match between Emmanuel Rodriguez and Melvin Lopex on August 12. The event, hosted at The Theater at MGM National Harbor, will bring together the former world champion and streaking contender for the fight.
- View a movie under the stars at National Harbor — and order a picnic meal package ahead of time from Sauciety at the Westin to enjoy while you watch. Date night films show on Thursday nights and family films show on Sundays.
- Watch the Neema Dance Collective perform its summer showcase, Hero, at the Bowie Center for the Performing Arts on August 13. Local dance students, professional performers, and pre-professional dancers will showcase their talent on the stage.
- Explore the laws of attraction and repulsion with The Science Guys of Baltimore. At the All Together Now: An Electromagnetic Adventure! event on August 14, participants at the Glenarden library will learn all about magnets.
- Local youth football teams will be invited to the stadium for the Southern Maryland Blue Crabs game on August 18. Watch the fun and excitement during Friday night’s game when members of the SportsClips Backfin Buddies Kids Club attend for free.
- Celebrate Derby Day at Newton White Mansion on August 19. Don your favorite large hat and put on a seersucker suit to hop on a carriage ride, listen to music, and enjoy the refreshments at the historic home built in 1939.
- Bring your dinner, lay a blanket, and enjoy some of the best local jazz at the Jazz on the Lawn: Brulee event on August 23 at the rolling grounds of the Riversdale House Museum.
- Head to Fairwood Park on August 27 for the Fairwood Music Festival. The Bowie State University Chorale, The 8 Ohms Band, Marcus Johnson, and more artists will be performing at the event.
Discover more events in Prince George’s.