December can either push you inside and under the covers, or it can drive you out in the community for fun and entertainment. In Prince George’s, the community comes out to enjoy the season together. This month you can dance to the classics, support those in need, make your own art, and so much more.
Add these December activities and events in Prince George’s to your calendar now:
- Wander through sweet creations at the Gingerbread House Contest and Show during the beginning of December at Darnall’s Chance House Museum in Upper Marlboro. You’ll get to check out an amazing display of edible gingerbread houses and vote for your favorite.
- Don’t miss the high-energy, family-friendly performance of The Metropolitan Follies: A Holiday Revue! at the National Harbor on December 2 and 16. You’ll get to see Frosty, Rudolph, Cindy-Lou Who, the Nutcracker Dolls, and other favorite characters on stage.
- Join fellow holiday enthusiasts at the 4th Annual Tree Lighting, Christmas Caroling, and Holiday Shop & Walk event at Wellspring Manor & Spa in Upper Marlboro. You can make wreaths, sing songs, and shop for your holiday gifts on December 3.
- Get tickets to see Patti Labelle perform at The Theater at MGM National Harbor on December 8. You’ll be treated to the sounds of a legendary songstress whose career has spanned 70 years.
- Bring joy to the community during this holiday season by collecting toys for children in need and dropping them off at the Toys for Tots Drop-Off event on December 9 at National Harbor. In return, you’ll receive one free Capital Wheel ticket.
- Listen to the Bowie Senior Chorale put on their “When the Angels Sing” show on December 9. Join fellow music lovers at the Bowie Center for the Performing Arts to enjoy this winter-season concert.
- Take an in-person tour of the historic Marietta House Museum, where you’ll get to travel back in time with expert storytellers and tour guides. On December 9, you can wander through the kitchen, parlor, dining room, and more — and go on a seek-and-find journey with Papa Noel in the afternoon.
- Connect with the holiday spirit by seeing a performance of three classic short stories by actors at the Prince George’s Publick Playhouse in Hyattsville. The shows, which will happen on December 19, will showcase “Stone Soup,” “The Gift of the Magi,” and “The Drum.”
- Bring your artistic abilities — or hone ones you don’t yet have — at the Crafternoon: Create Your Own Picture Book event on December 19 at the Oxon Hill Library. You’ll get to put together your own story with staff members and other participants.
- Get tickets for a screening of “It’s a Wonderful Life” on December 21 at the Harmony Hall Arts Center in Fort Washington. Join in a holiday sing-along celebration after the film.
Discover more events in Prince George’s.