Pools and splash parks are the places to be when the sun starts shining. Whether you’re looking for space for family-friendly fun, a lap to improve your endurance, or a pool deck to enjoy an afternoon of tanning, Prince George’s has got you covered.
Test the water at one of these 12 swimming spots in Prince George’s:
- Children will be happy as can be to spend a summer day at the Glenn Dale Splash Park. Besides the outdoor pool, play areas, and slides, the facility also has showers, bathrooms, and a vending area.
- Visit the leisure pool at the Prince George’s Sports & Learning Complex for a relaxing indoor swimming experience. There’s a meandering water slide, an 18-person spa, and a lazy river to enjoy. The competition pool at the location is currently closed for maintenance.
- Become a member of the New Carrollton Recreation Club to enjoy the outdoor pool. Members and guests can swim laps or lounge in the centrally located pool, founded in 1958.
- Show off your strength at the aqua climbing wall, avoid the tipping-buckets waterfall, or give yourself a thrill at the waterslide at the North Barnaby Splash Park. There’s a children’s pool and lap lanes available to guests.
- Bring the kids to the Ellen E. Linson Splash Park in College Park for a day of sun and fun. The children’s pool has umbrellas, two small slides, shallow water, and spray spots for the entire family to enjoy.
- The indoor swimming spaces at the Southern Regional Aquatic Wellness Center in Fort Washington. Visitors can use the warm water pool, lap pool, and spa — all surrounded by a public nature-themed art installation.
- The Hamilton Splash Park in Hyattsville is a water park for little ones, with water slides, dump buckets, varied depths, and more. Lifeguards are on duty to keep everyone safe while they play in the water.
- The Oxon Hill Recreation Club is a private swimming pool, established in 1955 for families in the southern region of Prince George’s. The pool is surrounded by quiet woods, parks, a golf course, a community center, and trails.
- The combination of a playground, picnic area, swimming pool, and water slide makes the J. Franklyn Bourne Memorial Pool a winner for families. Head to Capitol Heights to enjoy this community-focused location.
- The Rollingcrest-Chillum Splash Pool is the perfect indoor spot for kids on a cloudy day. There are alligators who shoot water from their mouths, a rolling water slide into shallow water, miniature slides of little ones, and varying depths.
- The membership-based Brandywine Pool is open to visitors from Memorial Day through Labor Day. Guests can reserve a lap lane, book swim classes, join the swim team, or just enjoy a day in the sun by the water.
- The outdoor pool at Allentown Splash, Tennis, and Fitness Park is just one of the many activities you can pack into a day at the Fort Washington park. Bring the family to take a dip in the pool, play a tennis match, have a picnic, and so much more.
Get out on the water rather than in it with one of these boat tours in Prince George’s.