Connect, be active, and have fun in Prince George’s, Maryland this month. Kick off summer enjoying everything Prince George’s from beautiful outdoor spaces around the county to live music, sports and amusement.
Check out these things to do in June:
- Listen to an Earth Wind and Fire tribute band play the classics on June 2 at the Bowie Center for the Performing Arts. Special guests SounDChekk Band with Vanessa Williams and Nina Sol will also be performing at the show.
- Take a guided archaeology walk at the Mount Calvert Historical and Archaeological Park on June 4. Explore over 13,000 years worth of history, including Native American villages and an antebellum plantation built with enslaved labor, during the 1.5-mile hike.
- Watch Bruno Mars perform at The Theater at MGM National Harbor on June 6 and 7. The high-energy show will feature the performer’s biggest hits and new singles.
- Catch the 42nd Annual Montpelier Arts Center Sculpture Exhibition, kicking off with a public reception on June 10 and continuing through the month. Find items of all times, from medical tools to game miniatures, created by 3-D printing.
- The Alice Ferguson Foundation and Atlantic Kayak Company are hosting a kayaking adventure on June 10 in Accokeek. Take in scenic views of Mount Vernon, learn about the natural landscape, and bring a picnic.
- Attempt to win big at Drag Queen Bingo on June 14 at Denizens Brewing Co. Production House & Taproom in Riverdale Park. The free event is hosted by Emerald Star, and you can enjoy a locally-made beer while you play.
- Join a free Yoga in the Parks class throughout the month. On Tuesdays, you’ll find the group at Watkins Regional Park. On Thursdays, you’ll find them at the Woodmore Towne Centre Park.
- Bring the kids to the Riversdale House Museum for The Bookworm Garden: A Bug’s Life event on June 19. Register ahead of time for the limited-attendee event featuring a story and craft.
- Attend the PVDA Ride for Life dressage show, benefiting research at the Johns Hopkins Breast Center around the quality of life for breast cancer patients. The fundraiser will start on June 25 at the Show Place Arena at Prince George’s Equestrian Center.
Discover more events in Prince George’s.