Spring is the perfect season to get out of the house and enjoy all the region has to offer. From musical performances to comedy shows to baseball games, Prince George’s brings plenty to the table when it comes to springtime fun.
Check out these May events and activities:
- Go on a 600-year journey beginning in the world of Mesoamerica with Mexico Beyond Mariachi’s Trekking Mexico show. Get tickets now for the show on May 3 at the Bowie Center for Performing Arts.
- Show off your boxing skills at the Pop-A-Shot Classic from May 5 – 26. Head to the Sugar Ray Leonard Boxing Center throughout the month to compete.
- Learn the process for Korhogo-inspired African textile painting with fermented mud on cloth at this hands-on Brentwood Arts Exchange workshop on May 6.
- Cheer on the University of Maryland baseball team as they play the University of Minnesota. Attend one of the three games scheduled from May 12 – 14 at Bob “Turtle” Smith Stadium.
- Join fellow nature lovers at Fort Washington Park for a clean-up session along the shoreline. Volunteers will get gloves, bags, and trash pickers once they arrive for this monthly event on May 13.
- Celebrate the generations of Asian and Pacific Islanders who have enriched the history of America — and Prince George’s. Visit Harmony Hall Arts Center on May 13 to experience cultural traditions around culinary arts, entertainment, and more.
- Get a boost of joy at the Ladies of Laughter: Funny and Fabulous show at Prince George’s Community College on May 13. The show will include winners of the international competition.
- Taste drinks from some of the best bartenders and mixologists in the region at the first-ever National Harbor CocktailPRO Competition on May 18, when 13 contestants will compete for the title and cash prize.
- Cycle along the Anacostia River Trail with the College Park Aviation Museum to learn about the history of flight in Prince George’s. Reserve your spot for this flat 10-mile ride on May 27.
- Take in a movie at the National Harbor. In May, the space will showcase movies for adults on Thursday evenings and family films on Sundays.
Discover more events in Prince George’s.