Along with its tasty pumpkin treats and beautiful fall leaves, September also brings about plenty of opportunities for connection. From community celebrations that kick off Hispanic Heritage Month to meaningful conversations with education experts to family-friendly movie nights, this month in Prince George’s is packed with excitement, discovery, and joy.
Try out one of these community-focused activities in Prince George’s:
- Catch a superhero double-feature on September 16 at the Upper Marlboro library branch. This family-friendly movie night will start with “Spider-Man: Into the Spider-verse” and continue with “Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse.”
- Celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month with a free family-centered festival at Prince George’s Publick Playhouse. The event on September 16 will include live music, exuberant dancing, and delicious refreshments. Be sure to stop by the art exhibit from Puerto Rican artist Alfredo Ortiz.
- Continuing honoring Hispanic Heritage Month on September 17 at Lane Manor Park. Take a free shuttle to the event and enjoy live entertainment, carnival games, craft vendors, food options, children’s activities, and more.
- Head to National Harbor and listen to retired Lieutenant Colonel Frank Goertner, who serves as the Director for Military & Veteran Affairs at the University of Maryland’s Robert H. Smith School of Business, speak about the importance of higher education for veterans.
- Boost your community service and your health by joining the St. Jude Walk/Run on September 23 in National Harbor. The fundraiser, which kicks off at 8 a.m., supports St. Jude’s efforts in curing childhood cancer.
- Bring the kids to the College Park Aviation Museum on September 23 for an interactive lesson on helicopters. After the lesson, children will be able to make their own rubberband helicopter for a truly hands-on experience.
- Dance the afternoon away at the Celebrate Africa festival on September 24. Visitors to Bladensburg Waterfront Park will enjoy a full schedule of African artists, from Grammy-nominated singers to storytelling comedians.
- Drink your favorite brews during Craft Beer Week at National Harbor. Starting on September 25, you can enjoy sunset beers at Flight Deck, try craft brews at TAP Sports Bar, order buckets of Mexican favorites at Rosa Mexicano, and more.
- Make your own luchador masks to celebrate Mexican wrestling at the Beltsville library branch on September 26. After learning about the sport and its history, you can use the library-provided supplies to create your own colorful disguise.
- Relax with your friends at the Unwine Festival in Patuxent River Park on September 30. The festival will feature local wineries, breweries, and food trucks — all of which you can enjoy while listening to local bands and national headliners.
Discover more events in Prince George’s.