Nothing can quite warm you up on a cold day like a hot drink, and the best hot drinks bring together a delicious treat, a jolt of heat, and a delightful setting. In Prince George’s County, you can find all three in spades.
Try one of these seven spots to comfort that chill:
- Hop over to the Belvedere Lobby Bar at the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center for your next coffee meeting. They serve breakfast every day and the views from the sky-high windows are sure to inspire.
- The state-of-the-art coffee lab and in-house roasting facilities at Vigilante Coffee Company produce some of the best coffee you’ll find in Maryland. Grab a cup of their sophisticated roast in either College Park or Hyattsville.
- You can join your beer-drinking friends at Denizens Brewing Company in Riverdale Park even if you aren’t feeling like indulging. Sit out on the patio with a hot chocolate, hot cider, or coffee instead to catch the vibes without the hangover.
- Your morning cup of joe can have a major impact if you choose the right spot. Head to First Watch in Laurel or Bowie for a Project Sunrise coffee, sourced sustainably through a group of women’s coffee farmers in Colombia.
- If decadent drinks are more your style, PJ’s Coffee of New Orleans in Bowie might be up your alley. Order a white chocolate latte for a sweet treat or the pralines and cream latte to transport yourself down south.
- No coffee list would be complete without an entry from an Ethiopian café. Indulge in a strong cup of coffee at the Shagga Restaurant in Hyattsville for an authentic, energizing experience.
- Sometimes hot drinks are more about community than the liquid in the cup. At Main Street Coffee & Treats in Upper Marlboro, you’ll find a space to gather and connect as you sip your espresso.
If you’re searching for more than a drink, you can find warm and cozy restaurants in Prince George’s County that will offer respite from the weather.
Please confirm the hours of operation with each business or venue.