You don’t need to travel far in Prince George’s to find an expertly designed golf course surrounded by natural beauty. There are multiple courses spread throughout the region that offer both exclusive and public golf opportunities — and many of them are highly regarded by local and national golf groups. Stop by one to practice your game, attend a tournament, or play a round with friends.
Hit the tees at one of these seven distinguished golf courses in Prince George’s:
- With its 18-hole, championship course on its rolling fairways, Enterprise Golf Course in Mitchellville is a complex surrounded by natural beauty. It’s set on a historic property that once housed the old Newton White Dairy Farm, and it's now also home to a gorgeous estate perfect for events.
- Beginners will love Henson Creek Golf Course in Fort Washington. The grounds opened to the public in 1963, and since then, the nine-hole course, driving range, and practice green have offered up the perfect spot for new golfers to hone their skills. Stop by the golf shop and snack bar to fuel up while you’re there.
- The 18-hole course at the Paint Branch Golf Complex in College Park is short, flat, and challenging. On top of the six water-impacted holes on the course, there is also a lighted driving range and two putting greens you can use to boost your practice. Play is first-come, first-serve, so arrive early.
- The fescue fairways and bentgrass greens at Gunpowder Golf Course are styled after Scottish links, and water plays a part in six of the 18 holes on the grounds. The site also includes a pro shop, practice facilities, and a chip and putt course that will improve your abilities.
- The Country Club at Woodmore in Mitchellville was designed by Arnold Palmer and opened in 1981. The exclusive 18-hole course is one of the region's most challenging and respected venues, and it is a favorite of local golf associations. You can extend your day at the Club by enjoying the three Har-Tru tennis courts, multi-deck pool complex, and outdoor patio.
- The 18-hole course at Lake Presidential Golf Course in Upper Marlboro is set on 1,200 acres of gorgeous green land, and the streams that weave their way through the rolling hills add to the natural beauty. Experience outstanding service, top-notch amenities, and a magnificent game when you visit.
- You’ll have to be an active or a retired member of the Armed Forces, a family member of an Armed Forces member, a civilian employee working for the Federal government, or a family member of a government employee to play at The Courses at Andrews. The complex is part of the Base Recreation Program at Joint Base Andrews, and there are two 18-hole championship courses on these expertly designed military grounds.
Try another nature-centered sport by getting on horseback at one of these Prince George’s facilities